Guacamole is one of the easiest things in the world to make – and yet, people still insist on ruining it by adding in cilantro. Ha! All joking aside, while it’s super simple – it’s always a good idea to have a tried-and-true guacamole recipe in your back pocket. Here is the one I have come up with after many years of trying different versions. **Warning – this guacamole has been known to be highly addictive – proceed with caution.
*Makes about 2.5 cups
- (4) medium Avocados (make sure they will be ripe when you plan to make this)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed Lime Juice (about 4 Limes)
- (1) medium Shallot (minced)
- (4) cloves Garlic (minced)
- (1) medium Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- (1) teaspoon Salt
- Removed the pit and scoop the flesh from all of the Avocados into a medium bowl
- Pour half of the Lime Juice over the Avocado flesh
- Lightly mash the Avocado - using a fork or potato masher
- Mix in the Shallot, Garlic, Jalapeno, and Salt
- Pour the rest of the Lime Juice in
- Mix, Mix, Mix
- That’s it!
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, or fresh veggies, or you can even have them with eggs or on toast for breakfast. Enjoy!